SECTORS > TECHNOLOGY AND NEW MEDIA
Tris Moore started out in legal practice in London in 1999 and gained experience advising on IT and IP and other commercial matters for a global telecommunications company. This led to work for other media companies and technology entrepreneurs on the legal issues arising in this fast moving sector.
New technology is almost by definition ahead of the regulation so there is a need to keep abreast of developments as the law “plays catch up”.
Brighton and its two universities act as a hub for the creative industries and the City is at the forefront of the digital marketing industry in the UK. Moore Law, with its Brighton base and an office at the Sussex Innovation Centre at Sussex University, is well placed to service clients in these sectors.
Over the years we have advised clients on deals with the following major technology and telecoms companies: Vodafone, France Telecom, BT, Microsoft, Nokia, Siemens, Ericsson and Google.
We have acted for a significant number of software companies and high tech businesses (and their owners).
Moore Law can also provide routine legal support for all of our clients for their web-based activities and the proliferation of online marketing, social media and micro-site and e-branding will continue to see evolution and growth in these areas.
- Confidentiality agreements and trade secrets
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Commercial and IP audit and strategic review
- Intellectual Property rights protection and exploitation
- Software development (agile, waterfall and T&M) and licensing agreements
- E-commerce law and regulations, privacy and cookies
- Data Protection
- Terms of trade, supply, resale, agency, franchise and distribution arrangements and white-labelling
- Telecoms Interconnect and Dark Fibre Agreements
- Co-location and Tele-housing
- Consultancy Agreements
- Royalty Agreements
- Service Level and KPI Agreements
- Web Design Agreements
“I WAS LUCKY TO FIND TRIS MOORE SHORTLY AFTER I SET UP SEETHAT. HE HELPED US REGULARISE OUR BUSINESS CONTRACTS AND SECURE OUR IP RIGHTS. WHENEVER I NEED EXPERT LEGAL ADVICE IN THESE AREAS I KNOW WHERE TO TURN.”
Tim Jarvis, SeeThat Visionary Video