FOUNDER & PRINCIPAL SOLICITOR
Formerly a Partner of two regional firms and with London experience, Tris is a commercial lawyer of fourteen years call who specialises in advising on IP, IT and business matters. His commercial practice includes advising clients on the creation, protection and exploitation of IP rights in a number of fast-moving sectors, including new media, technology, life sciences and sport.
Tris has acted for some major players in industry, technology and sport, and for many smaller businesses, particularly in the creative industries. Based out of his home city of Brighton he is well placed to advise clients on their commercial and intellectual property requirements and commercial strategies.
- Company commercial
- Intellectual property rights protection and exploitation
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- IT and technology agreements including software development and licensing
- Clinical trial agreements and complex subcontracting arrangements
- Sport endorsement contracts and image rights
- LLB (Hons) Law Degree (2:1), Lancaster University (1992-95)
- Legal Practice Course Diploma, Chester College Law (1995-96)
- Qualified as a solicitor and member of the Law Society in 1999.
- Early in his legal career, Tris worked as in-house Legal Counsel to a major telecoms company where he first picked up experience on company commercial work, technology and IT contracts
- Tris acts for a leading clinical research organisation, drafting and negotiating complex contractual agreements with the major pharmaceutical companies in the area of Central Nervous System experimental medicine
- Acted for a number of well-known sportsmen, sports retailers and rights holders
- A keen sportsman and, whilst he has hung up his football boots in recent years, he has completed the London Marathon, London Triathlon and the Zurich Half Ironman.
- Lives in Brighton with his wife and two young children.